Type: Full-Time Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
We’re looking for a methodical self-starter who is passionate about quality to join our team as a QA Test Engineer. In this role, you will use your knowledge of testing and testability to be the voice of quality, and to help us plan, develop, and execute better testing methodologies within our Development Team.
You must have exceptional problem-solving skills, and be able to communicate the status of any features you are testing clearly, concisely, and accurately to your team and leadership. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable gathering requirements from our customers and team members, creating and maintaining technical project plans, and understanding the technical details and complexities behind each project.
You will work closely with our Operations Engineer to identify areas for improvement in our test coverage, and ensure quality product releases. As a QA Test Engineer, you will navigate an extensive codebase and develop better, more creative ways to identify potential problems with our software. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in quality assurance and test engineering, and has worked within an Agile team, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Work with our development team to extend our software testing process
- Improve and implement QA methodologies
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategy in bi-weekly sprints
- Isolate, replicate, and report on bug issues, then verify their resolutions
- Monitor user feedback and act as a liaison to our Support Team
- Generate status reports, mitigate risks, and advocate for high-quality product releases
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of quality assurance and test engineering experience, with preferred experience in test automation
- Experience testing and debugging web applications
- Experience working within an agile team environment
- Knowledge of SaaS lifecycles and experience working with both technical and non-technical teams
- Some SQL (PostgreSQL) knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Git and Git workflows
- Self-directed and methodical, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Embrace working with fun, quirky, enthusiastic people
- Love the rapid, unpredictable nature of a fast-growing tech company
Excited? We can’t wait to hear from you!
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume to apply for this job. Your cover letter should be creative and tell us what makes you shine.