*Please note that we are not actively hiring for this position. This will be a future opportunity at DocNetwork. Please read the requirements carefully and, if you believe yourself to be a good fit, follow the instructions below to enter our candidate pool.
We’re looking for an experienced, design-oriented full-stack developer to join our rapidly growing team. You will ensure that all aspects of our application are fast, stable, and highly usable while working to expand its functionality.
DocNetwork, through the CampDoc and SchoolDoc platforms, provides innovative health and safety solutions to a diverse group of organizations, which include traditional day and residential camps, YMCAs, JCCs, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, parks and recreation facilities, colleges and universities, and K-12 public, private, and charter schools.
Our suite of products integrate seamlessly to help ensure the health and safety of the participants for the organizations we serve.
Our team, headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, is dedicated to our core value of “honest work” where our customers, our company, and our community win together. Delivering beyond expectations and an open posture toward growth enables our company and team to excel, while our social outings, team lunches, and a culture of fun and collaboration help us to bring our best selves to the challenges ahead.
With a full range of benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) plus additional perks to boot (401k with company match, Remote Days, Flex Schedules, Professional Development Budget, Volunteer Time Off, and much more!) we think you’ll love being a part of our team.
You may be a good fit for this role if:
- You value continuing education and you stay up-to-date on the latest web standards.
- You admire clean, aesthetic designs and good user experiences; you deliver them in your own projects.
- Server-side or client-side, your code is consistently modular, tested, and well-documented.
- You prefer to collaborate on projects, on-site, in a dynamic team environment.
- You have prior professional experience in full-stack development.
- You’re comfortable making large changes to large chunks of legacy code.
- Design, develop, and maintain a component-based front end with a user-centric, accessibility-focused mindset
- Write clean, tested, reusable code
- Develop, design, and maintain internal & public-facing API’s with a focus on developer usability
- Write performant SQL queries
- Ensure a smooth experience on each of our supported browsers
- Identify and fix performance issues
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience working with production applications
- Experience with a front-end framework (e.g. React, AngularJS, Vue)
- Familiarity with modern client-side web tools such as gulp, grunt, or webpack
- Can write cross-browser, cross-platform code
- Experience with a server-side web framework (Node.js/Express preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL, and what makes for efficient queries
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excited? We can’t wait to hear from you!
DocNetwork is the leading electronic health record system for camps, child care, and schools. Our mission is to bring the lightweight side of the medical industry onto the web.
If you like what you’ve seen so far, we feel compelled to boast that:
- We’re 5x recipients of SPARK’s FastTrack Award.
- We have an office dog named Munki. He is soft and little.
- Our office pantry is stocked with delicious snacks.
- We made our boss a Paper Plate Award that says “You’re pretty cool” and it has frog stickers on it.
So throw your hat in the ring – we’d love to meet you!
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and your resume to begin your next adventure at DocNetwork. Your cover letter should be creative and tell us what makes you shine. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Sorry for being mean about it.